Friday, October 28, 2005

Her last moments...

*A true story*

I watched in agony as the light flickered out of her eyes. 'Can't you please do something?', she seemed to ask me pleadingly... Oh, how I wished I could!! But the fact was glaring at me in the face. She had but a few moments to live and there was absolutely nothing I could do about it. And I chose to do the only thing that was left - stay with her for her final moments.

I held her in my arms and watched in pain. I knew I would miss her like hell. It isn't easy to let go of a loved one, someone who has been with you for more than 2 years - every second of those two long years. She was always there when I needed her - to share my happiness, confusion, loneliness, my tears... everything. And here I was, not able to do anything at all for her, exactly when she needed my help.

She looked into my eyes helplessly and I watched her, just as helplessly. I finally lay her on the bed and turned away. The pain was too much to bear.

* * * * *
A few minutes later, the light finally flickered out of her eyes and she passed away into another world, as I watched, unsuccessful at stifling my sobs.




PS: This morning, I came to office and there's power here. So, I was finally able to recharge my mobile here, and she came back to life. Hurray!!!

Labels:

Comments on "Her last moments..."

 

Blogger Woodooz said ... (11:42 am) : 

Lol ! That was a wonderful post Madhu !!

I can imagine how it wud be if the mobile has no charge and u have a million people to talk to and a billion messages to send.

Glad that its back in place today... Happy talking, happy messaging!

 

Blogger Aravind said ... (3:09 pm) : 

Wow.... great post Madhu...
Padicha udane, neenga mattum pakathila irundhirundha, sure-aa adichiruppen :)

jus kiddding.. really enjoyed it :))

 

Blogger expertdabbler said ... (3:16 pm) : 

Grr...

 

Blogger Subramanian Ramachandran said ... (4:00 pm) : 

hey madhu chanceh ilae.........konuteeeeeeeeenga..semmmmma creative post....i am gonna fwd this post of urs to everybody......... athuku unga permission venum

 

Blogger Bala (Karthik) said ... (4:47 pm) : 

Enna chinnappullathanama irukku, rascalS!

Good one, actually :)

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:41 pm) : 

Idhellam rombha over-nnu thonale? Nice one though

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:58 pm) : 

Nice one Madhu. Though I guessed it half way through.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:10 pm) : 

@R.Subramanian

Indha maadhiri posta neenga idhuku munnadi paathadhey illaya ???

@Madhu
I feel R.Subramanian is going to start a fan club for you> ;)

 

Blogger Madhu said ... (9:59 pm) : 

@Somu
Nandri.

@Aravind
Thitradha thittitu enna 'enjoyed it' vera.. :(

@Prabu
hehehehe...

@rsubra
Please refer Vijai's comment. Slight-a... yen indha alpa post ku ipdi oru reaction? huh?

 

Blogger Madhu said ... (10:06 pm) : 

@Bala (Karthik) / Uma
Yen ellarum enna thitreenga? waaaahhhhh...

@Vijai
fan club-a? Annatha, aala vudu!!

 

Blogger Madhu said ... (10:07 pm) : 

@Tamizhan
Idhellam naanga yerkanavey paathachu....
So?

I thot u were trying a nano-story like vee-jay.....
Well, you thot wrong.

Btw, Scudie, why shld I even try to write like someone else... Should I either set a trend or.. follow one? Can't I simply write what comes to my mind?

 

Blogger Subramanian Ramachandran said ... (1:10 am) : 

adada meyyalume nalla irunthuchi sonna athukku ippadi oru reaction aaaaaaaaaarghhhh x-( so it is copied eh?

i thought it is an original work........... anyway it was a very nice and hilarious post and kudos to whichever author who wrote it.

 

Blogger Neha said ... (10:42 pm) : 

haha!!!

 

Blogger Madhu said ... (12:43 pm) : 

@rsubra
"so it is copied eh?"
Madhu slaps her forehead

"i thought it is an original work........... anyway it was a very nice and hilarious post and kudos to whichever author who wrote it."
Madhu bangs her head on the wall

 

Blogger Madhu said ... (12:43 pm) : 

@Neha
hehe...

 

Blogger Subramanian Ramachandran said ... (3:10 pm) : 

>>Madhu slaps her forehead
>>Madhu bangs her head on the wall

Flashback (just a few mins bfore this happened)

subbu gets a brand new helmet and puts it on madhu's head....

Flash back gets over

madhu madhu...enna kobam :) peace peace....sorry i didnt read what u wrote (as comment).... vijay krishna comments mattum paarthuttu naan eluthitten....... very sorry

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:23 pm) : 

Allo Mr R.Subramanian,

Enna edhuku vambula maati vidareenga ?

"Indha maadhiri posta neenga idhuku munnadi paathadhey illaya ???" nu dhan naan keten ... I never mentioned that Madhu copied it from elsewhere.

So comment adikum bothu ozhunga paathu adieenga ... avasarapada koodaadhu. Anavasiyama n confusion create

 

Blogger Madhu said ... (6:10 pm) : 

@rsubra/vijai
shooo shoo... peace, people!!

rsubra, naan theliva sollidaren. naan engerundhum copy pannala. but indha madhri, onnu ezhudhitu vera mean panra posts neraya iruku.. adha than Vijai sonnan.

(Btw, unga helmet ku nandri. Adha neenga thirupi eduthukalam.)

I don't want to see any more comments about this from both of you. Unga comments ku reply panni enakku bore adichu pochu... Hmph!

 

Blogger Adaengappa !! said ... (2:58 am) : 

Good one with a suspense !!
Life mein twist !!

Adengappa !!

 

Blogger Jinguchakka said ... (5:24 am) : 

The comments section is more funnier than the post.lol. As for the post, I empathise. It's hell to be without a mobile, once you get used to it.

 

Blogger harry said ... (10:44 am) : 

post oda enga vijai subra koothu sooper chancea illa..especially helmet banging...ROTFL..

 

Blogger Harish said ... (10:53 pm) : 

cellphone addiction-la enna vida mosama irukenga? :)

Happy Diwali!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:56 pm) : 

Nice.. :)

 

Blogger Vishnu said ... (1:55 pm) : 

Madhu... my first visit 2 ur post.... n....nalla iruthuchi...:)

i blog @ http://rtst.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Madhu said ... (3:51 pm) : 

@adengappa/vee-jay
Dhangoo!

@jinguchakka/haripi
ipdi 'comments section is funnier than the post' nu solliteengale! Cha, what an insult!!

@harish
naane indha month bill nenachu tension-a iruken.. nee vera adha nyabaga paduthadha!!!

 

Blogger Madhu said ... (3:55 pm) : 

@Raam
Thanks!

@Vishnu
Welcome to my blog! Glad you liked it.. I'll visit your blog sometime too...

 

Blogger யாத்ரீகன் said ... (10:04 pm) : 

aaaaahhhhh Grrrrrrrrrrrrr...

-
செந்தில்/Senthil

 

post a comment