Saturday, September 24, 2005

Women and..... driving (part - 1)

This post is in response to Siva's post on women's driving, amongst a hundred other complaints he has about women. He's by no means the only one who's got complaints against women drivers. Here's what dear old Praveen has to say on the subject. And I'm sure several others would have ranted away similarly.

In response to posts of this kind, I have only this to say -

* I think it's high time people begin looking at bad women drivers (and bad male drivers) as just bad drivers and not as women/men. Ditch the gender bias, people.

(Mmmm.... Maybe you should try to reflect on what you've just read for a few seconds before you continue reading.)

* Anyone who still has complaints about women drivers should see chennai's auto drivers (most of whom are male, need I add?). Period.

I rest my case.

Comments on "Women and..... driving (part - 1)"

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:52 pm) : 

Good one Madhu. Why take the case of Auto drivers alone ? Wat about the 2 wheeler drivers, majority of whom are males ?

 

Blogger Woodooz said ... (5:42 am) : 

Madhu, why dont give a link to my driving lessons... Bad driving is very much a part of my not so appreciated talents ;)

 

Blogger Ramo said ... (10:21 am) : 

You should also remember that women drivers don't get any lashing for their mistakes...modesty is always there for them...
not the other case around...pirichiruvanunga!..

 

Blogger Madhu said ... (8:25 am) : 

@Vijai
Well yeah, 2 wheelers, truck drivers nu neraya sollalam, but auto drivers are the best. Andha cycle gap la auto ottaradha varthaiyala solla mudiyadhu!!

@Somu
hehe.. Somu, I honestly didn't expect ipdi oru support! :) Seekiram nalla otta kathukonga... (I meant your Opel, of course))

 

Blogger Madhu said ... (8:28 am) : 

@Ramo
mmm... err... huh... well, slight-a enna solla vareenga?

@Scudie
enna Scudie ipdi kettuta. Nee solli naan seyyama irupena? Dho ippove, I'll ditch the word.... Enna ok dhane? ;)

 

Blogger Sathish said ... (10:27 am) : 

Is Driver masculine or feminine??

 

Blogger Madhu said ... (8:51 am) : 

@Sathish
Idhenna French-a, ellathukum gender iruka?

 

post a comment