Friday, August 19, 2005

Phew....

Aaargggh... I've been spending close to 2 hours on this new template tweaking it like crazy. For a person who does not have any clue about html, it's a pretty arduous task. I would have thought I was doing considerably well, if not for these two irritants -
* see the 'Pages I frequent' list in the sidebar? It's got no padding to the right. And I'm clueless as to how to stop the words from entangling themselves on the right edge, as obviously, this list is picked up from my blogroll. (I'm making a mental note to check blogroll soon.) I have also removed the HP excerpt for the same reason. Will have it back as soon as I figure out a way to do this. (Or if I give up in the process.)
* and there's this huuuuge space after my blog, before the comments. And this happens with the first post on the page only... happening with both the main and the archive pages. Irukara space la pudhu blog-e ezhudhidalam poliruku...

Oh, by the way, how does this new template look?
It's not my goal in life to keep changing my template every week, but then, I saw this on someone's blog and fell in love with the template. And you see where it's led me. I'm yet to make it exactly the way I want it to be.... but I'm almost there. If any of you have any clues about the above two problems I'm facing, kindly let me know.

Comments on the template are welcome. I, for one, think it looks cool and is pleasing on the eye. (Krish, indha dhadavayum nee edhavadhu sonna en template pathi, adi vanguva.)

Comments on "Phew...."

 

Blogger kr!sh said ... (2:19 pm) : 

padam!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:11 pm) : 

Nice template

Regarding the space. Modhal dhukkum rendavadhukkum podhiya idaivelai? :-D

 

Blogger Madhu said ... (3:15 pm) : 

Ferrari! Neenga pora route-e seri illa!!!

 

Blogger Woodooz said ... (4:26 pm) : 

Dark background and black fonts make it difficult to read !!!

 

Blogger expertdabbler said ... (6:10 pm) : 

Madhu

adi vaanginaalum parava illa. indha template....
seri naan adi vangalai...

naan indha template code parkalai so am not sure, mudincha en mail id ku anupavum. i can try something..

for starters..

a)# content css class id la evlo padding irukku?

b)#blog header/h1/p ellam padding evlo irukku?margin?

body {

la font-size define pannavum, letter-spacing nu attribute define pannavum
line height yum adjust pannavum...

blog roll kum css class id archive-list nu kuduthu paarkavum...

these are the typical problem areas..

indha template the most attractive and yet the most complicated, difficult to read template.

yaaruku theriyum blogger madhiriyo ennavo...am not sure though... :D

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:21 pm) : 

Madhu,

Naan engayume pogalai :-D Neenga dhaan level aa talk a reenga :-D

 

Blogger Madhu said ... (9:39 pm) : 

Somu, me's heart broken.

Waaahhh... Prabu edho CSS, margin, padding nu lam solraru... anegama enna asinga asingama thittararu nu nenaikaren.. :(

Ayya Ferrari, idhu thangaluke nyayamaga padugiradha?

 

Blogger Neha said ... (12:19 pm) : 

baesh baesh romba nanna irukkae :)

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:55 pm) : 

Top of the page la reipple effect bayangara scene-a irukku, but as Somu said, dark bg with black fonts is a pain.

 

Blogger Madhu said ... (12:28 pm) : 

Scudie,
Thanks! I have left you a comment abt the blogcommentauthor thing.. Check it out..

Neha,
idha.. idha.. idha than naan edhir pathen! ;) Nandri!

Vijai,
I'm contemplating abt the font colour (white, perhaps?) but *shrug*... I dunno if I'll change anyth at all.. Let's see..

 

Blogger ada-paavi!!!! said ... (9:37 pm) : 

pakka nalla irukku inda template,
but difficult to read, agree wit somu, c if u can change the font colour to white.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:56 pm) : 

I like it. The Blue is awesome and I have no problems reading :)

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:47 am) : 

Me likes the template!! Nalla dhaan keedhu :)

And andha huuuge space...post-kum comments-kum podhiya idaivelai in accordance with kudumba kattupaadu vaariyam :D

 

Blogger Madhu said ... (10:15 pm) : 

Praveen, thanks.

Scudie, *blush*

 

Blogger Madhu said ... (10:50 pm) : 

Vatsan, thanks for the advice but I don't really think I'll change the font colour... I somehow like it this way..

Uma, Thanks! :)

 

post a comment