Friday, August 05, 2005

Feedback time!!!

Barely weeks into writing my blog, I've been receiving feedback, comments and advice from people.

Deepak's comment was the worst of the lot. He began -"hi M.... read ur B... its very N... but at T... it S..." huh.... and then, he went on to add cruelly (quite typical of him, I might add), "blog = not always..ur personal diary.. appo appo.. ulaguthukku therinja vishayam kooda eludhalaam". I think I should mention here (to all of you), that I wanna keep this blog light-hearted and I won't be writing much serious stuff in this - at least, not until it affects me in some way. (And let me also mention that this is not a news website or a public forum or a discussion board. Nor will this blog contain temperatures of the day or news tickers. And 'Ulaga vishayangal' will not be discussed here until I deem it necessary.)

Kris had some useful feedback for me. The first was the template. I was aware of the strain that the white on black was causing, but I was too fond of the template to change it. So, I promised myself I'd change it after the first person complains and well, Kris promptly did. And apart from the template, we discussed about RSS feed. I had no clue what RSS was, even though I had enabled it for my blog. Kris was patient enough to explain its relevance to my life. More importantly, he didn't react with a 'You mean you don't know what RSS is?', but simply went on to explain. Thanks for that, buddy!

Vijay had some good words of appreciation - "u have a good writing style, Madhu" and some general advice too - "write abt general stuff.. u will have fans". Thanks for that Vijay, but I honestly intend to just jot down whatever I feel. I'm not gonna deviate from what or how I wanna write, just to bring in people here!! :)

Sathish had some good words of appreciation too - "nee nijama romba nalla ezhudara... You can be proud about it.." (Gee!!! Mez the shy gal....) And he had some very important advice about the chair - "u know.. andha madiri problem vanduchina.. andha chair-a pakkathu chair kuda maathitu, gum'nu poyiduvoam.." [:D] I had to explain to him that I didn't have the heart to change it with my friends' chairs! (I must admit here that I greedily eyed one of the chairs in a Manager's cube, right next to my cubicle. 'C! Anga rendu chair irukku... visitors kaaga... yaarum illa cube la... naan ippo silent-a poi maatha koodadha?', I asked and he answered 'Koodadhu', much to my dismay.)

And, oh! Raam had the nicest things to say. We were chatting as he read my blog, and he mentioned that he was reading 'Swami and his friends' and went on abt the stories - "the english is great - with the perfect Tamizh Brahmin kadhai .. with a few thamizh words here and there etc. Unnoda blog padikarabodhu, you make it sound like that." (Aaaahhhh..... I'm floating.... Help me get my feet back on the ground, people!!!). Raam also had two other pieces of advice - "you know, for dialogues, you can still use thamizh - the exact sentence what a D,P,M says... but otherwise, you can set the tone / situation in english and I am sure you'll have a lot more fans like Vijay, me etc :) ". Hmmm.... The other thing was he wanted me to keep up the tempo and keep writing - "Don't lose the enthu after sometime, Madhu... Keep it up!". Will do, Raam :)

Thanks to everyone for all the comments!!!

Comments on "Feedback time!!!"

 

Blogger kr!sh said ... (3:23 pm) : 

Anytime!

But I don't know much beyond that!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:31 am) : 

Oh adhaan template change aa?
Nadathunga!!

 

post a comment